In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, we eat one vegan or vegetarian meal a week. It usually makes for some amazing leftovers! Yay! We received a Cosori Pressure Cooker as a Christmas gift and it's been a real lifesaver. This is a soup I make every week. All the ingredients are from Whole Foods.
What you need:
- 12 oz Field Roast, Vegetarian Grain Meat Sausages, Mexican Chipotle cut into small pieces (usually about two links — this is a meaty soup!)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I use Better Than Bouillon Organic Vegetable Base)
- 16 oz Organic Great Northern Beans, dried (I use 365 Everyday Value)
- 1 organic organic onion, diced
- 2 large organic carrots, chopped
- 2-3 ribs organic celery, chopped
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large handfuls of a green of your choice. Spinach or Dino Kale are my favorites. If you chose dino kale, chop it.
1. In your Instant Pot/Cosori, cover beans with a couple inches of water. Close and cook on BEAN MP for 15 mins.
2. As your beans cook, prepare/chop sausage and vegetables.
3. Once the beans are done, release pressure manually. Drain and set aside.
4. On the lowest sauté setting, heat olive oil and sauté sausage pieces until they start to brown.
5. Add onions and garlic. Cooking for 1-3 minutes more. Stirring constantly. Don't burn the garlic!
6. Add the rest of the vegetables, broth and the partially cooked beans. Stir!
7. Seal and set to SOUP HP for 25 mins. Release pressure manually and serve with crusty bread.